We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Work at home jobs for moms is becoming more and more popular. Of course, moms aren’t the only ones getting a piece of the “work at home” pie. Dads are getting in on the fun. As well as grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Let’s be real, I can see why hiring someone from the “virtual world” can be beneficial for both parties.
Ok, raise your hand if you’ve ever been scammed into spending 15-20 minutes on a survey site answering personal questions about your life. I can say I am SUPER guilty. Alright, now raise your hand if you did this in hopes of a nice, instant reward after the survey. Also guilty. Unfortunately, most of the time I was left with a teeny tiny reward. Only to find out the “service” wouldn’t allow me to get my reward until I met some ridiculous threshold.
Then there is the dreaded “Sorry, you do not qualify to complete this survey.”. Of course, that pops up after you’ve spent 15 minutes of your life sharing personal details with a computer screen. By now, they already know what color underwear I’m wearing.
But, what do I get for my time and personal information? Usually, nothing. Well, once in a while they’ll say I earned an entry into their sweepstakes. Those sweepstakes I have never won in my life. Sometimes they’ll even be kind enough to throw $0.25 into my account, just for “trying” to qualify for the “grand finale” survey.
I feel soooo bad for people when I’m scrolling through my social media feeds. Many of my friends have gotten “sucked” into these survey site scams. As well as these pay-per-click campaigns. Oh my goodness, have I seen so many of those lately.
In fact, I even got suckered into one. This thing said I earned $300 in 20 minutes. Of course, when I go to cash out my “earnings”, I’m lead through a whole bunch of “offers” I MUST opt-in for. After I’ve spent 30 minutes “opting-in” so my spam folder can get filled, I never get paid. Boooo!
Ya’ll, please stop falling for these scams. There is legit work at home jobs for moms and dads out there that will actually pay you. Plus, you’ll have a real schedule, real bosses, and even real virtual co-workers. BACK AWAY FROM THE SCAMS!
Finding Work at Home Jobs for Moms and Dads
So, how do you separate the scams from the real thing? With a little knowledge, common sense, and research on your part, you’ll be able to tell those scammers to back off!
First, let’s talk about what probably qualifies as a “scam”. Below I outlined some pretty surefire ways to spot a scam job offer if you’re looking for work at home jobs for moms and dads.
Warning Signs that Work at Home Jobs for Moms and Dads MAY be a SCAM!
- Asking for money up front. (Keep in mind some companies may require that you pay for a background or drug test prior to employment. MOST places will cover this if it’s required. But, that isn’t always the case.)
- Promising an absurd amount of money for virtually zero work. (This isn’t beneficial to ANY company. Read my example above about the $300 I thought I “earned”.)
- Using constant improper grammar and/or spelling in communication. (Ok, none of us are perfect. But, in most cases, businesses want their communication to look at least somewhat professional.)
- Little or missing contact information for the company offering you a position. (Use your Google search powers! A company who hires you will want a way for you to keep in touch with them.)
- Shady looking web presence. (Look up the company/person on the internet, on social media. If it’s a friend who has referred you, make sure you ask this friend if they really trust this person and why.)
Thankfully, all of my mistakes are going to benefit YOU today. You see, after years and years (and hours and hours) of research, I now know the real from the fake.
Since I like you guy so much, I’m sharing my knowledge with you. I’ve compiled a list of LEGIT companies that offer work at home jobs for moms and dads. As well as a list of sites you can visit to find work at home jobs that aren’t your typical spam, scams, and surveys. Instead, they list possible opportunities that are super legit and real.
Work at Home Jobs for Moms and Dads: Companies
Below is a list of legit companies that provide work at home jobs for moms, dads, grandparents, and everyone in-between. Some require certain experience and/or education. Others only require that you’re ready to get the ball rolling!
- Acclaro If you have some experience in translation, Acclaro probably has an at home position for you.
- Accolade Support Accolade Support has been providing virtual services for top companies for YEARS! They hire agents as contract workers.
- Amazon Yep, you can bet one the largest online retailers is going to offer work at home jobs for moms and dads.
- Sutherland Sutherland is another company that offers work at home jobs for almost anyone.
- Coinbase is a popular platform for buying and selling digital currency. They often have openings for remote Customer Service Representatives.
- Teach for America If you’ve taught before, or just have an interest in teaching, Teach for America has several openings perfect as work at home jobs for moms or dads.
Work at Home Jobs for Moms and Dads: Finding Opportunities
With a web full of scams, finding legit work at home jobs for moms can prove to be a little difficult. Thankfully, you can use trusted job websites to find work at home jobs for moms, dad, and grandma and grandpa, too! All you need to know is what to search for.
Below are a few popular job websites that also provide work at home listings, too.
In order to find the work at home opportunities, change the “Location” section of your search to Remote.
Work at Home Jobs for Moms AND Dads ARE Out There!
So many companies are deciding to go the digital route when it comes to hiring. That’s good news for parents who are looking for work at home jobs for moms and dads.
Remember, before you jump on an offer to work from home, take a second look at my list above that will help you spot a scam.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT OUR UPCOMING E-COURSE LAUNCH!
If you didn’t hear the news, Moms Uncut is launching an e-course in just a few months. The “Self Branding and Online Income” E-Course is all about helping you earn income with the web. All while doing the things you already do.
In fact, in just a few weeks we’ll be running a GIVEAWAY! Five of you lucky individuals will get FULL ACCESS to the WHOLE e-course for FREE! Believe me, that’s awesome. This e-course is going to be packed with information!
Make sure you subscribe for updates so you’ll know when our giveaway goes live!
Do you know of any opportunities for work at home jobs for moms and dads? Share them in the comment section below!